Humane Society Silicon Valley
Aligning Digital Technology with Strategic Goals
Challenge: Technology Unable to Support Long-Term Goals
HSSV’s CRM and online marketing solutions could not keep pace with the organization’s long-term goals for constituent engagement and growth. Incomplete view of constituent data due to poor integration among solutions made it difficult to personalize and target constituent engagement and fundraising campaigns. The organization recognized the need to scale marketing and fundraising activities but lacked technology to support these goals. Difficult to use tools created inefficiencies across the organization.
“The Heller Consulting Team helped us plan, find, and implement the right combination of technology to support our strategic goals. They’ve also provided expert guidance along the way that has been critically important to us being able to use our new technology ecosystem as efficiently and effectively as possible.”
Joanne Jacobs, Chief of Operations, Humane Society Silicon Valley
Solution: Technology Ecosystem That Supports Goals
Heller Consulting has a long-standing partnership with the organization. HSSV entrusted our team to help develop a comprehensive technology strategy and implementation solution which included:
● A technology roadmap that aligned HSSV’s technology strategy with their organizational goals
● Solution selection and fit assessment to build a connected ecosystem of technology to support organization’s marketing, fundraising, and operational efforts
● Implementation of new solutions in the technology ecosystem, and coordinating across vendors to ensure a successful launch of all solutions
● Guidance to define business processes that optimize use of the new solutions
360-degree view of data in Salesforce allows organization to create personalized constituent and donor communications.
HSSV successfully transitioned to a new technology ecosystem. The combination of the core Salesforce platform with new digital solutions allowed the organization to streamline its processes and improve the effectiveness of their marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Highly personalized engagement journeys with pet adopters, mentioning pets by name and providing specific tips, encourage deeper engagement with HSSV
- Use of the Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (formerly Pardot) allows for streamlined processes and communications
Having nimble tools and thoughtful processes in place allowed organizations to quickly adapt during the COVID-19 pandemic moving from in-person fostering and adoption to virtual processes when an immediate “shelter in place” order was issued in California. HSSV was able to keep up with a surge in calls from people who were considering pet adoption. Through automated initial steps the organization was able to identify the best leads for new adopters and recruit volunteers through an automated email nurturing campaign.